Topic Options
#18435 - 04/07/15 07:14 PM UTI's
thenamesjules Offline
stranger

Quite a few of my friends have had to go to the doctors for urinary tract infections. They told them that a way to try and prevent getting UTI's is to pee before and after sex because the bladder gets pushed on a lot during sex.. Has anyone else heard this as well? And are there other methods as well to avoid the painful UTI's?

#18569 - 04/15/15 10:45 AM Re: UTI's [Re: thenamesjules]
CHF351HA Offline
stranger

I find this interesting because it's happened to a few of my friends. I dont understand why people get them and how to prevent them.

#18603 - 04/16/15 09:55 PM Re: UTI's [Re: thenamesjules]
Teenage Dream Offline
stranger

Going to the bathroom after having sex is a good way to prevent having painful UTI's. First of all, during intercourse the bladder does get moved around a lot, considering the wall between the vagina and bladder is very thin. Second, going to the bathroom after sex will help flush any bacteria left inside after sex, this bacteria could lead to something very painful, so it is much easier to just go the bathroom after sex, than it is to deal with a painful infection.

#19437 - 03/05/16 03:09 PM Re: UTI's [Re: thenamesjules]
JDarragh29 Offline
stranger

A couple of years back, I read an article in a magazine about this very topic. The article discussed peeing after sex (I don't believe it mentioned anything about peeing before sex) and drinking 1-2 glasses of water before sex (that way you'll be able to go pee after sex).

I've used this method ever since reading that article and I have not experienced a UTI since! By peeing after sex, you flush your urethra (the hole that pee comes out of) of potential UTI causing bacteria. I also like to wash down there with a wet washcloth after sex. Together, all of these things keep me UTI free!

So yes, I have heard of this method and I'm a very strong believer in it!

#21172 - 04/17/17 07:07 PM Re: UTI's [Re: thenamesjules]
morgan Offline
stranger

Loc: Maine, USA
I have also heard this. I used to get UTI's a lot in high school and my junior year I heard someone say to do that and I haven't had one since. I also don't think it's necessary to see a doctor if you do get an UTI. When I would get them I would just drink a couple glasses of cranberry juice and it would go away that day.

#21242 - 04/23/17 07:57 PM Re: UTI's [Re: thenamesjules]
mainegirl22 Offline
stranger

Yes I have had a UTI before and have gone to the doctor to get antibiotics for it. I have heard of peeing after sex to limit your chances of getting a UTI because it gets rid of any bacteria that is left from having sex. I have also heard of getting a UTI from different soaps you might use, that part of your body is very sensitive and certain people have a sensitivity to different scents being used down there.

Moderator:  CHF351 TA Jean, Dr. Caron