Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20504 - 02/19/17 07:25 PM Re: Sextra Sextra, read all about it [Re: sickofthesnow]
blackbear333 Offline
stranger

High and unrealistic beauty standards have been a highly debated since I can remember and I'm sure long before that. Although I would agree that they still exist, there has been a "real" movement in which any major companies have taken steps to make their advertisements more accurate in terms of the mass population of women and men instead the most highly tuned and digitally edited bodies. I think that Instagram plays a huge roll in this as well because it creates a platform in which anyone can post pictures that have been distorted and edited. Often times people forget that people photograph differently than they may look in person. Recently however I have seen a lot more body positive posts on Instagram and I think this is a great step in the right direction, to strive to be the best version of yourself while being realistic about self image and embracing it.

#21215 - 04/21/17 12:45 PM Re: Sextra Sextra, read all about it [Re: sickofthesnow]
ineedanap15 Offline
stranger

The media is obsessed with the idea image of a woman, and will basically do anything to create it. Beauty ideals change every so often, but they're always around and present. It's just societies way of conjuring up the best thing a woman can be. How can we stop this? I have no idea, it may just be a permanent part of society and the media

#21265 - 04/24/17 06:26 PM Re: Sextra Sextra, read all about it [Re: sickofthesnow]
collegegirl12 Offline
stranger

In the media, especially models are almost always photo shopped to look much better than they actually do. Their faces and slimmed, bodies changed and hair fixed in order for them to look "perfect" in a picture. Recently, "plus size" models have become increasing, showing more realistic looking women and men.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  CHF351 TA Delaney, Dr. Caron