Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5373 - 02/24/13 10:18 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
Y2Josh Offline
stranger

I agree with what the fox said about this, I believe that life begins when there is a heartbeat or a significant indicator that something is living. I don't think it becomes a life when it is born, I think it is before because when a baby is kicking inside a mothers belly, that's life. I also don't consider that plan b is "killing" a life.

#5374 - 02/24/13 10:25 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
csp6969 Offline
stranger

I personally don't believe in life at conception, which is part of the reason I am pro choice. I agree that life begins weeks into a pregnancy.

#5477 - 02/27/13 05:17 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
ks922 Offline
stranger

I am not a believer at life at conception I think that at first all you really have is a fertilized egg that has no feeling thoughts or emotions. This is one of the many reason I am alright with abortions, and if someone choices not to have a baby I would not label them a murder.

#5567 - 03/10/13 08:34 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
captaincaroo Offline
stranger

Obviously everyone has their own opinion of this but I don't believe that life happens at the moment of conception you are a blob of nothing you don't know your a blob the mother doesn't even know your a something yet until you know somethings there is cannot actually be living

#5580 - 03/17/13 10:19 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
fourchan Offline
stranger

I personally don't believe until something is breathing and living. Once out of the womb, you can officially say it is apart of life.

So when is this exactly? Right before birth = no alive, birth = alive?

Why can't we all agree that it's a huge grey area that shouldn't be governed by law?

Anyone?

#21225 - 04/22/17 08:18 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
Buff Bunny Offline
stranger

Yes I do. I think that physically the fetus is not alive. However, it contains the potential to grow into something living. I think it depends on your definition of "alive". For instance, some may think that someone in a coma is alive and others might not. I think the definition of "life" needs to be further identified.

#21234 - 04/23/17 05:22 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
ChubbyChameleon Offline
stranger

It seems like a lot of people in this thread believe that a baby's life begins when the heart starts beating or when it "looks like a baby" but I would argue both of these to be false. I believe that you could only "kill" the fetus if it could viably survive outside the womb. To the people who believe life starts at first heart beat- for most fetuses this is the sixth week of pregnancy. Many mothers are unaware they are even pregnant at this time. As to when it finally "looks" like a baby- I took a trip to Body World this past summer and I can tell you that at 5 weeks old I could see tiny hands and feet on a mini human about the size of a pea. It was incredible to be able to see step by step what a baby developing looks like, but this did not change my opinion on abortion. If it can not survive outside the womb, then it is a part of whomever it is attached to and therefore remains their choice of whether or not to keep it inside them.

#21239 - 04/23/17 07:36 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
futurewhnpcnm Offline
stranger

No I don't believe in life at conception. I agree with The Fox that there needs to be more significant development before something has a life.

#21255 - 04/24/17 12:44 AM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
saffron14 Offline
stranger

I personally dont believe that there is life at conception. Science proves that, and also there is no form of life really other than a bundle of cells. I believe there is life when there is brain activity and breathing.

#21268 - 04/24/17 11:21 PM Re: Do you believe in life at conception? [Re: AnalDelRey]
macncheze16 Offline
stranger

I don't believe in life at conception. I can see where other believe in it, but science can prove at early stages the baby hasn't developed into a real baby yet. It is still a developing embryo. It's not much different than what we do with eggs. Technically if you look at life as conception then we'd be killing baby chicks because eggs develop into chick.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  CHF351 TA Lauren, Dr. Caron